Monday, May 28, 2007

Response - Work is Hard: Tips for your First Job


This post in particular is very interesting to me and makes some good points. As a full time student, most people are surprised to find out that I have been working 40 hours a week since I was 19. But even more surprising is that I've held a job since I was 16 and the idea of work-life balance is just how I live my life.
Knowing nothing different than going to school and working, while trying to be as active in my extra-curricular activities as I can, it always takes me back when I talk to other students who have never had an interview, or worked at all. And while there were times when my friends were out and I was at work till 11pm, looking back on it all I feel very prepared. I enjoy working, but I have learned the hard way that you have to do more than just work.
I enjoyed the advice in this post and the importance of establishing yourself, finding a mentor and learning to balance your life.

No comments: