Monday, May 14, 2007



As a student I understand why a company would name their product "Cocaine". When looking for an energy drink to get us through finals, a night out with friends or even just through our classes, a lot of us look for the drink that stands out the most. What would stand out more than "Cocaine"?
Personally I don't drink that brand, and I've never tried it. I stick with "Full Throttle" and "Monster", the sugar-free versions of both. Each drink does its job most of the time: keeps me awake to do the things I need to do to get through my day.
I'm not sure if it was the smartest idea to name their drink after a highly addictive drug that happens to be spreading around campuses like wildfire (students doing drugs? Yup....nothings changed), but I don't necessarily agree that it was the worst idea. I'm sure for a lot of energy drink enthusiasts, it caught their eye and they bought it. Which is pretty much what shock advertising is supposed to do.
But if you're really looking for a boost of energy, I've found a good night of sleep and a coffee in the morning is usually what does the trick for me!

No comments: