Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Response to-Pleasure Reading: Made to Stick

I rarely read anymore. I don't have time. I read for class and for my job, and the occasional magazine, but never just for pleasure.
I really enjoyed Kelli Matthews post on reading for pleasure. She covered the main points of the book in class (we were the class who had never heard the kidney heist story) and they stayed with me. I have even used them in my PR Planning class in my event strategies.
Made to stick ideas have even helped me tell my friends stories. It always makes me laugh when I actually use the things I learned in school in my every day life. I know for most students, they never feel like the material they learn will be useful except in their profession. But if you make ideas, messages, and activities memorable, your audience will keep those points on hand.

No comments: