Tuesday, June 12, 2007


So college is done. All I can think about is how fast it went by. I remember vividly driving down with my parents, moving into the dorms and beginning college. And now I'm leaving, packing up my things and moving home. And looking back, I think I actually learned some things, I know I made some amazing friends, and I even figured out what I wanted to do with my life.
So to all those entering college, a couple little "diddies" (bits of information) for you.
1. You might think that partying every night is amazing because you don't have to worry about your parents....but you might want to actually put some effort into your school work. You'll look back later and wish you had.
2. Travel. Travel. Travel. If you haven't do it. If you have keep doing it. Study abroad, go on as many trips with friends as you can or go places on you own. You learn so much from other people and other cultures and doing it now is the best time to do it.
3. Get involved. If you like something, do it. Whether it is a group in your field of study, a sorority or fraternity or even something like your schools student government, you should try it. Not only is being involved a great way to meet people, but you learn so much about your individual skills and it's a great resume builder.
4. Learn about yourself. This is such an important time to do that. Take new classes, meet people you normally wouldn't and branch out. If you don't, well, you just should.
So there you go. Love college. It's an amazing time and take it for all it is worth!

No comments: